Pharmacovigilance Activity of Medical College,
• ADR monitoring Center of Medical College Baroda is
functional since February 2014 as per letter of Permission from NCC, PvPI - IPC,
Letter No: IPC/NCC-PvPI/MCIC/2013 Dated 14th June 2013.
• Current Status of AMC: Functional
• Total ADR reported till now(November 2019): 1264
• AMC conducts Pharmacovigilance awareness Programme for the faculties,
postgraduates and undergraduate students regularly and have included exercise on
ADR reporting in the curriculum of second M.B.B.S.
• Members of the committee meet at least twice in a year and as and when
critical discussion on Adverse Drug Reaction is required.
• AMC conducted CME on ‘Sensitization of Pharmacovigilance Activity and carrier
opportunities in field of Pharmacovigilance’
• AMC conducted School Based Active Surveillance for ADR on ‘National Deworming
• The Pharmacovigilance meeting is conducted regularly for presentation of
yearly and composite report of Pharmacovigilance activity by AMC, Medical
• The Sensitization of Pharmacovigilance Program was conducted for nursing staff
of S.S.G Hospital, Baroda by AMC, Medical College Baroda.
Composition of Pharmacovigilance
1) Dr. Ashish V. Gokhale, Dean Medical College, Baroda and
Chairman, Pharmacovigilance Committee.
2) Dr. R. N. Daveshwar, Medical Superintendent and Co-Chairman,
3) Dr. Niyati Trivedi, Pharmacology- Member Secretary, Coordinator AMC
4) Dr. Dipesh Duttaroy, Surgery-Member.
5) Dr. Nandita Maitra, Obst. & Gyn.-Member
6) Dr. M. C. Parmar- Medicine- Member.
7) Dr. Ranjan Aiyer, ENT- Member.
8) Dr. Swati Bhatt, - Anesthesia- Member
9) Dr. Rakesh R. Gandhi, Psychiatry- Member
10) Dr. Hiral Shah, Skin & VD, Member.
11) Dr. Sheila Aiyer, Pediatrics- Member
12) Dr. Bharat Chauhan, Dentistry- Member
13) Ms. Harshben Chauhan, Chief Matron.S.S.G. Hospital
14) Dr. Prashant C. Shah, Pharmacology- Co-coordinator, AMC.
15) Dr. Nimit Goswami, Tutor, Pharmacology
16) Dr. Kunal Gataliya, Tutor, Pharmacology
17) Mr. Monang Kansara – Patient safety Pharmacovigilance Associate, AMC,